Sunday, May 28, 2006

Research on blogs and the web as a media in the new age

Somebody wrote to me on my other blog here at this link saying he is doing a Research .... "I am a researcher in Delhi university and I am exploring ways in which blogs are helping people to network. I would appreciate if you could pull off some time and visit my research blog at http://nmsoc.blogspot.com and write about something your blogging experiences. In case you do not feel like submitting your writeup on my blog directly, you can email me at newmedia.soc@gmail.com. I will be delighted to receive your comments".

A very interesting Research this should be so I thought yeah why not? Let me reply to him. After all I too did have reason of my coming here to blog and do have a reason to come back again and again.. albeit not so frequently. And likewise many of you bloggers too must be having your own reasons of coming to the web to blog and why only bloggers, maybe he can get more insights into how to world wide web is moulding our thoughts and building relationships- positively or negatively, creating opinions, moving govts, giving succour to the lonely and yearning minds and so on so forth.

He should get feedback from the readers too, who do not have blogs of their own but spend time surfing and reading.. so I welcome all those readers who come to my page to also click on the link above and respond to his questions. You will notice he does not have a question addressed to the readers (those who do not have blogs) but I can dare say if you write to him why you come to the net to read the blogs and how the blogs help you form ideas, solve your problems of information, spending time or whatever he will then get a complete picture and his research material will become another intersting read for all of us. After all somebody doing a research on bloggers and their readers as a part of the macro research on how web as a media is helping in the new age is only helping us understand the power of the web and we will surely benefit from the knowledge.

No comments: