Friday, November 25, 2005

Why am I here?

I guess most bloggers would have posted this question on their blogpages when they came here first time. I too must record this why for myself. It is because I got that blog about Manjunath who was killed and came here. Coming here I had to perforce become a member here as it did not allow un-registered users to post comments-- I do not really know why as there is no point really trying enforce registration on this site for posting a comment on our blogs. I mean how does it help us? One can register free and there is no user verification on the web. Anyway I myself have kept my pages open to all. But what for? I am not even thinking of posting any blogs here as yet. As it is I post many on our own intranet and now if I post here when do I work?

Anyway. Now that I am here. Let me see whether I can do justice to this web based thought sharing. With whom? Welllllllll anyone who cares.. to read.. As it is even when I try to share thoughts with someone I know from real life or even from the web, the person least cares.. So why not talk to myself instead? That is what I usually do at most of the times!!

Well so that's it!!

4 comments:

hemangini said...

Hi is there a number for you? Im working on a story of how the online world is reacting to manjunath's death.

Hemangini
hemangini.gupta@tv18online.com

ShantanuDas said...

I have sent email to you with my mobile number. Bye

bitdrain said...

Hi! Who was Manjunath? I don't know anything about this person.

Bye!

ShantanuDas said...

Aww!! No No!! How can YOU know about Manjunath? Even I did not know about him before he died. He worked for Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.

He got shot dead because he tried to prevent adulteration of Gasoline at one Gas Station (we call them Petrol Pumps). His story is here.