Wednesday, November 30, 2005

At last I am going somewhere

Well Today I thought of helping myself through experimenting and using my own common sense since I was not able to find some good add-ons for creating thumbnails or galleries or categories to display my photos.

Yeah I saw the one about tags but which uses some other site del.ico.us and that was the problem we keep facing on the web. More you search for something farther you go away from what you originally wanted as you keep searchjign and clicking on links you see, then you start reading what it says, learn it and by the time you have used it you click on some other link....and got me? So I thought hey I will not use this tags from this site.

Then there was the photogallery option. I saw that this site allows me to store 300 MB of photos and the photogalleries are themselves another site to master and the free ones probably do not allow more than 25-30 MB!!

How can that help me? I have so many photos planned for this site in next several years!! LOL !!

So what I did is this (we call it 'totka' in bengali, meaning country method treatment or something like that in closest english which I can think of now): -

I had 5 photos of Dharamsala. In one window under posting--> edit postsI opened one such photo-post. In another window under posting--> edit posts I opened the other photoposts one after another.

Then? Then I just dragged the photo from the second window into the other!! GREAT RIGHT? I am mighty glad with myself!! See the results now. You can see the groups of photos better now without my using any tags or categories and they just appear together.

Now I have to just see how I can tweak the template to expand the message width to reduce the blank space at the sides so that I can show more pictures side by side and also find ways to further improve.. I forget what because I got distracted by the TV just now!!

4 comments:

bitdrain said...

Hello, how are you? I am a spanish boy. My blog is written in Spanish but i will write it in english in a short time. I am very interested in India, altough this interest is very complicated from Spain. I like your photos of India, and one day would like to visit it.

Excuse for my incorrect english.

ShantanuDas said...

Hii, I am fine. Glad to know you. It is a coincidence that my first two visitors who have commented on my posts (you can see the other one on photoblog page & you can go to her blog too which is in spanish only) are from SPAIN!!!! Isn't that a coincidence!

Thanks for the comments. I have only just started and for now just scanning my old photos and uploading them here. In future I will post live photos from current visits and with some information also which may not be found elsewhere. So you should get authentic information. But frankly I do not think I would be able to live upto my ambitions as I will not have time to gather such information nor to visit all places myself!! LOL..

Of course I plan to use the photos for a real photoblog or blogs as they should be. I am just experimenting for now.

bitdrain said...

Jejeje... I'm glad for you. Time is limited, many things for doing but it's never possible. You should try all your hobbies.

Thanks.

Smoke'N Ashes said...

You can use flickr also.